Are you ready to turn your scribbles into something more?
I'm a believer that once you get paid to write, you'll write better and more often. Cash money has a way of motivating us like that.
In addition to simply giving you more practice, writing for money, on deadline, to spec, also develops your ability to connect with a specific audience and slant your content in different ways. Writing for money helps you see your work as something you do not something you are, which can be an important distinction when trying to shut down that Dark Chatter that whispers we can't.
In this interactive workshop we will:
- Explore markets, angles, and forms
- Connect your body of work to demand for content
- Cover recent Google changes every freelance writer should know
- Identify your sweet spot as a writer that translates to #CashMoney, and a larger audience
- Review professional writer platform basics
- Create goals that work for your life and the flow of 2018
- Explore tools to qualify and manage all those clients you're going to attract this year!
We know we can. So let's DO in 2018.
This session is all about the Business of Writing, and how that Business Mindset can make you a better writer.
Saturday, January 20, 10:am to 2:pm
Location: Anywhere in the world, via your phone or laptop!
At Second Story Writer's Workshop:
We make writers who shuffle the world with their words, modest and mighty.
We make writers of mothers, fathers, elders, daughters, sons, optimists, cynics, readers, skimmers, dreamers, doers, seekers and wannabes from novice to polished.
We make writers whose voices color the world irreverent, witty, vivid and vulnerable.
We make writers whose voices shine, because our voices light the way.
When you find your voice you rule your world, and when you use your voice, you change the world.
Getting paid is such a nice bonus.